Image from Houzz
Elements that I love about the photo and why it portrays my style:
1) Classic, traditional trimwork paired with modern, contemporary elements and accessories. I especially love the modern coffee table next to the more formal fireplace.
2) A Light "Base" - Neutral, light walls and trimwork with classic wood floors.
3) Window Treatments - I love these to soften a space!
4) Clean-lined, comfortable sofa in a solid fabric. This is the "blue jeans" of the space, if you will, while the formal trimwork is the "high heels."
5) Pops of color - a must for me! These sofa pillows really hit the mark.
6) Contrasting rug for a bit of personality.
7) Built-in Bookcase - I love a good nook for accessorizing.
8) Fresh flowers - Every space needs these to make you feel at home.
9) Although this photo does not show any antique furniture (a love of mine), I feel that any piece would fit right in.
Thanks, Ally, for the challenge. I can't wait for the next one!